Friday 1 May 2009

Today a squeezed in session!

Today's session fitted between work, Anja's assembly and work (well I am having to work late for a global telecon).

Unfortunately I don't have my GPS watch today as I forgot to charge it! So....onto the fall back Timex IM watch (bought before I knew what IM was but I thought it looked pretty cool!!)..

10km in 1hr 56s (really struggled today - not sure why) used my new Orca run cap and new Orca 226 trisuit - wow both really comfortable

6.8km bike in 18mins 22s - really quite slow but I had the chain skip off the chainrings twice and I was playing with my new (mountain bike looking) cassette - a 16-27 cassette - looks a bit odd and reduces the top speed quite dramatically (from 50.6kph to 37.9 kph (according to my calculations) but reduces CV load, very important when you are simply trying to get to the start of the run!! It was a bit of a bargin and I will see how it fares tomorrow (when I do the route) although if I run out of speed on the small cogs I might have to go back to a 12-27 or the DuraAce 11-28.

That is it for today but I am looking forward to the run through day tomorrow - not looking forward to the get up time though - 4.30am!!

Later
I.

No comments:

Post a Comment